Monday, February 11, 2008

Basketball photos

Saturday was fun as I took in the Davidson College-College of Charleston basketball game with our son Sean.
Sean and I were a bit nonchalant as we rolled up very close to tipoff, and we ended up parking close to a mile from the arena. (Sometimes I really miss press parking). We hadn't anticipated the large crowd that turned out to see the Wildcats and super sophomore Stephen Curry.
We ended up in the nosebleed section which made my photography efforts a bit more challenging. (I also miss seats right on the floor but I'd much rather go to the game with Sean). I made do with a 70-200mm lens and got a few nice shots.
Davidson, which is undefeated in Southern Conference play, won easily and Curry scored 26 points. I had photographed Curry's father, Dell, when he played for the then Charlotte Hornets.
It's a rare treat to see such a talented player at a small college and we try to get to as many games as we can.
We're hoping Davidson makes another appearance in the NCAA Tournament in March.

Stephen Curry drives to the hoop

Davidson coach Bob McKillop talks to his team

More from Curry

McKillop congratulates Curry as he leaves the game

No comments: