Monday, April 21, 2008

Misty Morning at Quail Hollow

I wanted to share a few images I took last week in preparation for the upcoming Wachovia Championship at the Quail Hollow Club in Charlotte.
I've been involved with the tournament pretty much since its inception in 2003. I was The Charlotte Observer's point person for golf coverage for several years and this year tournament officials hired me to document much of the behind-the-scenes action.
Quail Hollow is a magnificent course and I've photographed it several times both from the ground and from a helicopter. The cold mornings we had been having created the perfect conditions to get moody, ethereal shots around the water at the 17th hole.
I knew I would have to get there by sunrise for the best light so I got up early and braved the cold but it was all worth it.
I plan to post some images from a wedding this Saturday before heading out to cover the golf tournament.

Beautiful scene at Quail Hollow

The 16th green at dawn


View from a spectator stand at the 15th green

The 17th green is a tough target - even for the pros

Another view of the 16th green

A heron takes flight

No comments: