Thursday, May 17, 2007

Rhythm & Moves

Over the course of my career, I've had the opportunity to photograph some of the best athletes in the world - Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, Brett Favre to name a few.
But I'm always blown away by the athleticism, artistry and grace when I photograph the dancers from the North Carolina Dance Theatre (NCDT).
I've been documenting these dancers for more than a decade and I had the opportunity to photograph the dress rehearsal for their upcoming show "Rhythm & Moves." The performances run tonight through Saturday at the Belk Theater.
Charlotte is so fortunate to have such a talented dance troupe led by Jean-Pierre Bonnefoux and his wife Patricia McBride.
The show includes pieces by Mark Diamond, Alonzo King and Uri Sands, whose dance includes an assist from the West Charlotte High School marching band.
I worked along side Charlotte photographer Jeff Cravotta. Jeff does most of the promotional work for NCDT and he is a talented corporate and portrait photographer.
Dancer Ayisha McMillan, who I've been lucky to photograph several times over the past few years, will be giving her final performance in the show and I want to wish her well. She is incredibly talented and is a super nice person. I know she will have great success as she transitions into marketing for NCDT.
You can see more of my dance images on my corporate and editorial website. Just click on the dance section.







Good luck Ayisha!










No comments: