Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Historic Pairing at The Wachovia

No, I'm not talking about my son Sean and I - but we did make an appearance at the Charlotte golf tournament.
Michael Jordan was paired with Tiger Woods in Wednesday's Pro-Am and they drew huge crowds. What a unique opportunity to see two of the greatest icons in sports in one place.
I had covered The Wachovia for The Charlotte Observer for the first four years of its existence. This was my first year attending as a fan and I welcomed a chance to hang out with my son Sean.
It was strange walking around with a point-and-shoot and a small telephoto lens. (I would usually carry three cameras and at least one huge telephoto lens).
Sean and I had a great day and he was able to score a few autographs. I snapped a few shots as we wandered around the course.
The Wachovia has become a fantastic event and it draws the top players in the world.

Tiger tees off


"His Airness" has a smoke

Tiger had some sweet Nike spikes

Sergio Garcia works the crowd

Super Bowl QB Peyton Manning was in a good mood

Adam Scott

Phil Mickelson blasts from the sand for a birdie

Tiger takes a break

Big John Daly lets one rip

Sean gets Adam Scott's autograph

Sean and I (thanks to the guy who snapped the photo!)

No comments: